Mobile & App Advertising
According to some estimates, there are over two billion mobile users in the world.
As the use of mobile devices grows rapidly, consumption of content, video and audio continues to migrate towards mobile. Within that realm, social is king. Facebook and Facebook Messenger are the most used mobile apps. Because users crave visual content, mobile video advertising is taking off as is in-app advertising.
We keep an eye on trends, which is why we prefer rich media and video units when planning mobile advertising strategies.
When we create mobile advertising campaigns we’ll consider many formats:
- Display: Ads in the form of banners, pop-ups, or take-overs that cover the full screen.
- In-app: Ads that show within your favorite apps such as interstitials, videos, and other unique placement formats, including native and social ads. App advertising covers installations and user engagement.
- Streaming: Ads users hear in free music apps or via local radio stations
- Video: Mobile video ads are ideal for branding and visual storytelling. We’ll take your video assets and consider placing them on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube. We’ll also look at pre-roll video opportunities via mobile ad networks and DSPs.
- Native Ads: We have engaged with some native DSPs like Taboola and Outbrain for mobile placements. This tactic is ideal if you have relevant content to promote.
- Location-based: This category covers two similar technologies:
- Geo-fencing allows messaging on mobile phones that are detected within a “fence” around a latitude/longitude location. For example, if you’re a B2B marketer, you can use it at industry conferences. If you’re marketing to consumers, you can target specific audience characteristics based on the ID of a mobile device within a mapped location.
- Mobile Footprinting is a true one-to-one programmatic advertising solution for cross-device campaigns. It can identify all mobile device activity at a select location and then extend it to the ISP delivery points of homes, businesses and other places associated with the original device.
Due to the growth and intrusiveness of the mobile environment, a sound mobile advertising campaign is critical to your marketing success
Some of our favorite platforms are:
By the way, there’s one more thing to consider. We’re sticklers for the mobile landing page experience. Your mobile site must be responsive and offer an optimal user experience. We’ll help with that too!